There is a solution to every problem. That’s what many people would say and it really is true, especially when we talk about boiled eggs.
Here, we’re going to present you a fantastic trick that will make your life so much easier. Experts say that eggs old between 7 and 10 days are ideal for cooking and are the easiest to peel. You’ve certainly noticed that you can peel some eggs without a problem and other can cause you so much problems, although they were in the same box.
In order to avoid this kind of unpleasant surprises, add a teaspoon of baking soda while they’re cooking. Older eggs are more alkaline, so you can peel them more easily and fresh eggs are the real opposite, they’re less alkaline so they cause more problems when it comes to removing their shell.
Baking soda will increase the alkalinity and you’ll be able to peel them without any problems.
Here are some more tricks for the perfectly boiled eggs:
- If you don’t know how old the eggs are, try this trick: put them in some water and observe their behavior. If they sink on the side (horizontally), then they’re very fresh. If they sink, but stand vertically, then they’re perfect for cooking. Eggs that come up to surface are old.
- Heating the eggs before you put them in hot water is a good trick against cracking. You can do that in two ways: take them out of the fridge and leave them to reach room temperature or leave them in hot tap water for several minutes. Namely, an extreme change of the temperature is the main cause that causes the egg shell to crack during the process of cooking.
- If you want to get hard boiled eggs, it would be the best to put them in some cold water and then start to boil them. Then, they have the least chance to crack.
- If you want eggs with a soft yolk, then you should dip them into hot water using a tablespoon and measure the time. Depending on the size of the egg, you’ll need about 3 minutes.
- Make sure that all the eggs are covered with water when you cook them, because they won’t be cooked evenly. Also, if you boil them too much, the egg yolk will become greenish in color and the egg white will be similar to gum.
- After the boiling, add the eggs into cold water. It can also be hot water, but you have to put several ice cubes in it. That will contribute to peeling them easily.
- If you want to get an omelet in a shell, them shake the egg well before you decide to cook it. This method is also called “golden egg|, because the inner side is pretty yellow in color.