As you grow older, your hair follicles tend to slow down its ability to produce melanin and this causes the hair to turn white or grey.
It is normal for aging people to have gray hair but it can become a problem if you start growing gray hair prematurely.
The best solution for many people is to dye their hair but there are also other ways to prevent premature hair whitening. Here in this article, we are going to show you this simple recipe which can prevent your hair from turning gray or white.
- 5 or 6 medium or large potatoes
- A large pot
- A colander
- A big bowl
- A bottle of old shampoo
- A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- A towel
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
With a peeler remove the skin from the potatoes. Place the potato aside and the skin of the potato in a large pot with half a gallon of water. Let the water boil over high heat, along with the skin of the potatoes for about 20 or 30 minutes. Strain the water with a strainer into a large bowl, separating the skin and water. Next, save the water in a jar by flushing the husks. Moisturize and wash your hair with good moisturizing products, since gray hair is more fragile and dry than others. Place the preparation in your hair for about 2 minutes and after that wash your hair with warm water.
Tips to prevent gray hairs
1. Do not stress. Stress makes us age faster! So try not to worry about things that do not make sense, take even one moment of the day just for you and relax.
2. Do not smoke. Some studies have found that smoking brings a lot of negative health effects from every point of view, including our appearance. It is scientifically proven that the cigarette causes premature aging of the skin and hair because it reduces the blood circulation and oxygenation of our cells.
3. Stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Avoid excessive consumption of coffee, and try to eliminate the intake of alcohol, as these beverages favor the dehydration of the body. Good hydration provides essential nutrients to the hair, which keep it healthier, attractive and younger for longer.
4. Consume foods rich in copper. Some studies have found that the early appearance of gray hair is sometimes due to lack of copper in our diet. So, eating spinach, beans, turnips, meats, blackberries, pineapples, pomegranates and almonds will help us with the lack of copper in our body.