Dark coloration of the skin in your armpits is not a medical condition or some disease. Rather, small mistakes like using chemical-laden hair-removing creams, shaving, using alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants, poor ventilation in the underarm region and a buildup of dead skin cells have led to your skin getting dark.
METHOD 1: USE LEMON
Nothing can beat lemons when it comes to bleaching! A natural cleanser, lemons are 1 natural ingredient that help lighten your dark armpits fast.
Moreover, they contain incredible antibacterial, antiseptic and acidic properties that help exfoliate the dead skin cells and thus lighten your skin.
SINGLE-STEP TREATMENT: RUB LEMON SLICES ON YOUR ARMPITS
- Just grab a couple of lemon slices and rub them on your underarms before you take a bath.
- Let the lemon juice sit on your skin for 5 minutes, then wash it off.
- Finish with a moisturizer after your bath, as lemon tends to dry out the skin.
Do this every day for up to 15 days to observe significant results.
METHOD 2: USE POTATO
Potatoes contain malic acid, an excellent bleaching agent that helps lighten your skin tone. They also contain starch that has emollient properties that help smooth and soften the skin.
STEP 1. PEEL A POTATO
- Peel a potato and thinly slice it.
STEP 2. THINLY SLICE THE POTATO AND APPLY FOR 25 MIN
- Cut the potato into thin slices.
- Rub a slice of potato on each of your underarms.
- Leave the potato juice on your skin for 20 to 25 minutes to dry, then wash it off with warm water.